Thursday, June 25, 2009

Intuition & Conscious Spiritual Practice




Last week I was lost and looking for the way out. It always helps me to get out of town. It's the perspective change that you get just by changing environments.


I'm birthing myself again. Yes, again. I believe it vital to do this every once in a while. It keeps you honest and also sets you free of patterns (yours or other's) that might have stuck to you but certainly don't serve you.

Me, I do a lot of dancing between what I know my own truth to be - particularly as a psychic healer and someone who works daily with the unseen realm - and what I think people are comfortable hearing and knowing.

Judith Orloff's words bring me both comfort and courage to move ahead.

WOW excerpt - Make Your Intuition a Conscious Spiritual Practice (Judith Orloff's chapter)

The intuitive realm doesn't obey the same laws as the physical universe. It isn't sequential - it's non-time, non-space. In the silent space there is no past, present or future. Sometimes this disorients people. Mystics have described this as oneness, and when you begin to feel this oneness - this flow that's between everybody, every living thing, and every nonliving thing - there's a relationship going on. You can feel it as a pulse and it's very real. You can have many levels of awareness at once.

Freedom is the great gift that can come from speaking your voice. For me, speaking out has been a healing path. As a child I had many premonitions and my parents didn't encourage me to develop my intuition at all. When I was eleven, they told me to never mention them again in our home. So part of my ealy process was suppressing my gift, being shamed into thinking there was something wrong with me. It does tremendous violence to children if their voices and creativity are stifled, if their parent's don't see who they are and don't honor their intuitions.

Finding my voice and coming out in the world with it was healing for me. I had so many questions: why use it? How do I use it? Is it something I should use with patients? When is it appropriate? Can I trust it? We all have these questions; we all fce a collective kind of angst when it comes to embracing our visionary side, because it has bee so divorced from who we are.

My intention is to help make intuition a conscious spiritual practice available in every second of your being here. Tune into this conscious connection by communing with the inner voice, listening to dreams, listening to the body, sensing energies - all ways to interrelat with the world.

This excerpt comes from one of my favorite books, Women of Wisdom: Empowering the Dreams & Spirit of Women. I turn to it for inspiration and often just when I feel I need to have a conversation with a wise woman. I make a cup of tea and talk to one or several of the women included within its pages.

This week the WOW book is doing a special promotion. I think it's worth checking out.

I invite you to go to this page - www.wisewomanpublishing.com/womenofwisdom.html - to access the order page and the go back to this page and enter your confirmation code and your email address. that willt ake you to the sign up page for the Women of Wisdom newsletter. Once you join the WOW book group, you will be sent an email with a link to the bonus gifts that are available to the people who buy the book today. You can later opt out of being on the women of Wisdom newsletter list, if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment